Thursday, July 7, 2011

Embrace the Unexpected...

Its been a long, tough week. I haven't had much time or energy to post on here. But I have gotten to do a couple of fun assignments. On Tuesday, I got a call telling me that it was my turn to cover Devotional. And, for anyone that may not know, "Devotionals are special worship services and an important setting for studying the doctrines and principles of the restored gospel. Each week, speakers and many other individuals strive to provide a meaningful experience where the Spirit can teach and enlighten us. Because of its special nature, it is important that each of us come to Devotional prepared and ready to learn. In doing so, you will help create an environment in which the Holy Ghost can minister and lift not only you, but also all who are gathered to be taught. (BYU-Idaho)" Devotional is wonderful time each week for the students of BYU-Idaho to gather and be edified and uplifted by the spirit. This week's speaker was Brother Robert L. Wahlquist. He is a faculty member at BYUI, in the Religion Department. His message was wonderful, and I really enjoyed hearing him speak. He was very animated, and a lot of fun to take pictures of.

I also had the opportunity to go to a comedy show on Tuesday evening. The Academy of Comedy, had a 'secret show' in the Spori building. It was really fun to go shoot that. They were absolutely hilarious. Anyone that has the chance should definitely check it out. They are doing a combined show with Comic Frenzy, BYUI's comedy improv group, on July 15-16 in the Snow Drama Theater at 7 PM and it will cost $2 with your I-card.

And, just as a side note, I love this quote on this particular picture. In this photo is a good friend of mine, and we were just goofing around. I told him to start walking away from me on the tracks and then I sat the camera down and pushed the button to take a picture. When I looked at it, I was originally horrified. So, I had him keep walking and got one in which he had a head. But when I started editing the pictures and made it black and white, I fell in love with it. I found this quote from Eudora Welty, and it captures the way that I feel about photography. I love being able to capture a moment, a small piece of time and know that I'll be able to look at it forever! I knew that this was the perfect picture for that quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment